6 Ways to Build Your Author Platform *Now*
This post covered a now-closed Mightybell experience, but here are the six steps:
- Step 1: Create an “I AM FABULOUS” list to help you bump up your author bio.
An “I am fabulous” list is a sure-fire way to push you out of your comfort zone and make your author bio pop. For those of you who feel uncomfortable tooting your own horn, this exercise is a must.
- Step 2: Impose your own accountability structures by talking about your book.
I’m not talking specifics here. I know a lot of people feel nervous talking about their book idea for fear someone might steal it. But tell people you’re writing a book. Let it be motivating when people ask you how it’s coming along! Share something about it with us today.
- Step 3: Start compiling your contact list and building your database.
Contacts. Contacts. Contacts. This is the location location location of publishing. The more people you can reach, the more desirable you become to publishers. Find out how to build your list.
- Step 4: Post a vlog and publish your content online.
Stepping up your blogging a notch and figuring out other ways to showcase YOU and your writing online can and will set you apart from the crowd.
- Step 5: Spruce up your website, or launch one if you don’t already have one.
Websites are more important than ever and they are part of your platform. Start working on ways to get one if you don’t have one, or revamp the one you have if it needs a little more flare.